Citrus Poultry Marinade
You’ve undoubtedly heard people talk about chicken or turkey marinade, but what should you actually use to perfect your poultry? We put the question to Grill Master Randy, who shared his delectable citrus poultry marinade recipe that’s always a hit at Thanksgiving. Though the ingredient list is rather small, this chicken marinade packs big flavor for happy guests who won’t leave hungry!
PREP 30 min COOK 1 hr READY IN 1 hr and 30 min Serves 4 people
- Chop your butter into cubes and let sit out at room temperature for an hour to soften.
- Combine all ingredients well into a small mixing bowl.
- Before marinating your bird, make sure it’s fully and defrosted and thoroughly dried. With your marinade remaining at room temperature, apply generous portions under the skin and onto the meat. Gently lift the skin to separate it from the breast meat, trying your best to leave it completely intact while spreading the marinade as far as you can reach. When finished, apply the rest of the marinade to the exterior of your chicken or turkey.
- After applying the marinade inside and out, sprinkle a light layer of kosher salt and black pepper to the poultry’s exterior. Now let the bird sit in the fridge uncovered overnight so it can further air-dry.
- When ready to cook, take the bird out of the fridge while you preheat your cooker. If oven-roasting, preheat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then bake for roughly 45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let it rest for 10–20 minutes, then carve and enjoy!