The Top-Rated Electric Patio Heaters, as Ranked by Our Experts
Electric patio heaters defy limitations. As a special case over regular patio heaters, they can do things the others can't — for instance, their lack of harmful emissions means nearly all of them are perfectly safe to operate in enclosed spaces.
Forget ignition components, valves, burners, and moving parts; simply plug in and flick a switch. Electric patio heaters manage in places where gas models struggle, such as below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Gas models can't be flush-mounted; electric ones can. Eager to warm your heart (and the rest of you), our experts ranked our best electric patio heaters to help you find the one that's right for your outdoor space on these criteria:
Quality - Exposed to the elements, your patio heater must withstand the worst tantrums your climate can throw at it. Our electric patio heaters are specifically high-quality and enduring, meant to be relied upon for many seasons.
Performance - In a word? Uncompromising. Our electric patio heaters use infrared heat — it ignores the air to directly warm people and objects. This means they convert almost all of their energy into heat that’s highly resistant to wind and weather conditions!
Features - Our selection of electric patio heaters use infrared heat, which directly warms objects and people rather than the surrounding air. Combine this with optional mounting kits for powerful, directional heat that's highly resistant to wind.
Best Electric Ceiling Mount Patio Heater
What We Love:
- Quickly and efficiently heats spaces up to 64 square feet per unit
- Included bracket provides 60 degrees of directional spot heating
- Multiple mounting options allow you to attach this unit to the wall, ceiling, or recessed
This platinum electric infrared patio heater is made with both function and design in mind. While their thin build provides wind resistance, it also allows the heater to seamlessly blend into any outdoor space.Team BBQGuys Read full expert review
Best Electric Wall Mount Patio Heater
What We Love:
- Corrosion-resistant coating and tamper-proof electrical enclosure ensure longevity of use in the elements
- This unit is equipped with a spectral reflector that evenly heats areas up to 160 square feet
- Wall or ceiling mount options reclaim valuable floor space & allow for more custom, directional heating
Fortunately, you don’t have to trade efficiency for beauty when it comes to the Bromic Tungsten electric series. The thick quartz elements used to produce heat are surrounded by frosted tungsten tube lamps that create a warm glow.Team BBQGuys Read full expert review
Best Electric Standing Patio Heater
What We Love:
- This portable heater is equal parts function and style with it’s high-efficiency outdoor heater, dimmable LED light and elegant, minimalist design
- Comes with dimmer controller and wireless remote so you can easily control both heat and light output for the right level comfort & ambiance
- Corrosion-resistant double-coated steel ensure longevity of use in the elements