Top-Rated Gas Grills for Tailgating & Camping
Everyone needs a grill for the backyard, but what about those times when you want to grill on the go? We certainly don’t expect you to load up your at-home grill for every tailgate or camping trip (good luck trying this with a built-in model), which is why we offer a wide selection or portable gas grills to accompany you on whatever adventure awaits. Even better, our top-rated portable gas grills come from reliable brands like TEC, Magma, Napoleon, and Weber so you can harness their high levels of quality and performance even when you’re on the road.
Our BBQ experts — who have more than 20 years of experience testing and selling grills — rated these portable gas grills based on their quality, performance and features. So if you’re an avid outdoorsman or frequent tailgater who loves to BBQ, we highly recommend you start your search for portable grills with these trustworthy models.
Best Overall Portable Gas Grill
What We Love:
- Compact design with built-in cart and all-weather wheels sets up and folds down with one hand
- Push-button ignition makes it quick and easy to light up and get grilling
- Infinite control burner valve allows you to set the exact temperature you need with easy to use knob
Best Portable Gas Grill Under $500
What We Love:
- Constructed of 304 stainless steel with 18-8 mirror polish provide superior corrosion resistance
- Multi-functional grill is perfect for boating, camping, and RV trips with locking lid and fold away legs
- Snap-out radiant plate allows for searing temperatures and even heat distribution