Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe on the Blaze Griddle
Want to learn how to make delicious Buttermilk Pancakes from scratch? After this video, this Buttermilk Pancake recipe will be your new favorite breakfast to cook on the Blaze griddle! You may never go back to boxed pancake batter again.
SERVINGS 8 Each (5 - Inch Pancakes) PREP 10 min
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt (or 1/4 tsp of table salt)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 TB granulated sugar
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 TB butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites (whipped, optional)
- 2 TB honey
- Things You'll Need:
- Griddle or cast iron skillet
- Begin by adding the all purpose flour to a large mixing bowl.
- To the flour, add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and granulated sugar, then whisk to evenly blend.
- In a separate bowl, blend together the buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla extract, egg yolks, and honey. Pour into the dry ingredients and whisk until just barely blended together (don't overwork the batter).
- For the lightest and fluffiest pancakes possible, separately whip the egg whites until they are thick and airy and lightly fold them into the batter.
- Preheat your griddle or a large cast iron skillet, melt a little butter on the surface to prevent sticking and pour out about ¾ cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook until the edges begin to dry slightly and the center has plenty of popped air bubbles, then turn each pancake to the second side and allow them to brown.
- While the second side browns, I like to place a pat of butter on top of each pancake. This helps minimize moisture loss and tastes really good.
- When the second side has browned nicely, remove the pancakes, serve immediately, and enjoy!
Items We Used to Make Buttermilk Pancakes