Cajun Rotisserie Chicken with Roasted Mixed Vegetables on a DCS Gas Grill
Grill Master Randy whips up a delicious cajun rotisserie chicken with roasted mixed vegetables on a DCS Gas Grill. Shop DCS Grills
SERVES 4 PREP 20 minutes COOK 1 1/2- 2 hours
- 3-5 lbs. Free Range Chicken
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Red and Green Pepper (each)
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1 5 lbs. Bag of Red and Gold Mixed Potatoes
- 3 Carrots
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Thyme Sprigs for Basting
- Large chop the peppers, carrots, onion, and potatoes and fine mince the garlic.
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients.
- Mix together half of the melted butter, half of the garlic, salt and pepper, and all of the vegetables, and toss into large mixing bowl until evenly coated.
- Remove chicken from packaging and discard innards.
- Rinse chicken with cool water, then pat dry.
- Truss the chicken tightly with twine then season the entire chicken including the cavity with the Cajun seasoning.
- If possible, you can even gently lift the skin of the chicken and apply some seasoning under that as well.
- Skewer the chicken with the rotisserie rod, and secure with the rotisserie forks.
- Now start preheating your rotisserie burner on medium to high heat for about 15 min and remove the grill grates.
- Once preheated, pour vegetables in large roasting pan and place pan on the layer below where the grates were.
- Attach the rotisserie rod to the motor and set to rotate at a medium pace.
- Cook with grill lid down.
- Heat the rest of butter and garlic in a sauce pan.
- I used the handle end of a wooden spoon and tied thyme sprigs to that end, using this as a basting brush.
- After the first 30 min of cooking, baste the chicken, and every 15 minutes after.
- Rotate the roasting pan at the 45 minute mark for evenness of cooking.
- For the last 20 minutes of cooking, turn on the lower burners of the grill to low to help finish cooking the vegetables.
- With a meat probe, check the temperature of the chicken at the thickest part.
- Once the temperature reaches 165 degrees, it is done.
- Serve and enjoy!