Tri Tip Sliders & Asian Slaw
Grill Master Randy shows you how to make tri tip sliders and asian slaw on the new Blaze Professional Portable Grill. This meal is perfect for tailgating, or even watching the big game at home!
PREP 45 minutes COOK 30 minutes MAKES 15-18 sliders
- Ingredients for Marinade:
- 2-3 lb Tri-Tip
- 24 count pack of sweet slider buns
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (cut in spears)
- 1 ½ cup green onion (rough chopped)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Ingredients for Slaw:
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 inch long piece of fresh ginger (finely minced)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 lg carrot (finely sliced and julienned)
- 1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
- Combine together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and pepper until honey dissolves, then add green onion.
- Place tri-tip in zip top bag and pour in marinade, shaking the bag to ensure the meat is covered in the marinade. Let out as much air as possible and seal. Set in fridge to marinate over night.
- Preheat grill to high heat and take tri-tip out of fridge or ice chest, so it moves towards room temperature before cooking.
- Grill on each side for around 5 min on high. Turn heat on grill to low, and continue to cook for about another 10 min, or until internal temp reaches 140 degrees for mid rare.
- Pull from grill and let rest for 10-20 min before slicing. Slice against the grain.
- Place a slice of tri-tip on bun, top with slaw and enjoy!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SLAW
- Combine together dressing by mixing the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, lemon juice, honey, and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before making slaw.
- Mix the finely shredded cabbage, the julienned carrots and green onion in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing over the slaw about an ½ hour before serving, tossing it well.