Thanksgiving Turkey Gravy
In this recipe video, you will learn how to make delicious Thanksgiving Turkey Gravy. This holiday gravy is the perfect addition to your Turkey.
PREP 5 minutes COOK 10-15 minutes SERVES 10 as a turkey topping
- 4 tbsp butter (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups leftover turkey dripping or chicken stock
- 4 small sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 turkey neck with giblets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Begin with placing the neck and/or giblets in a medium sauce pan, and add the butter. Cook this down for about 10-15 minutes to get some extra flavor. Then remove the large chunks or pieces and discard them, leaving the melted butter to make the roux. It’s ok if there are small pieces left in the pan, just adds flavor.
- Now time to make the roux. Reduce the heat to low and add flour. Make sure to stir constantly to prevent burning. We are only making a light roux, so this won’t take long, about 3-5 minutes. Once the roux is getting a nutty aroma, it’s done.
- Now stir in the dripping/stock, and half the thyme, continuing to stir over low heat. Once the gravy starts to thicken, toss in the salt & pepper and incorporate. Strain out the solid parts and serve warm with a sprig of thyme on top for garnish.
- Serve and Enjoy!