Mexican Grilled CornShop Cajun Preaux Charcoal Grill
SERVES 4-6 PREP 10 min COOK 20 min
- 4-6 whole fresh ears of corn
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- ½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese (or feta if Cotija is not available)
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill using natural lump charcoal, and shoot for a cooking temp of around 300-350 degrees.
- While grill is coming up to temp, peel husks from the corn and discard husks. If a few stands are still attached, don’t worry, they should burn off during the cook.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, half of the Cotija cheese, mayo, garlic, chili powder, and cilantro.
- Once grill is preheated, coat the corn with the butter, and place directly over the hot coals. Turning often so not to burn. We are looking for lightly charred and fully cooked.
- Once corn is cooked, pull from grill and fully coat the corn with the cheese and mayo mixture while still hot.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Cotija cheese.
- Let them rest for 5 min. before serving and Enjoy!