Grilled Wagyu Ribeye Steak with Festive Keto Cauliflower
Treat yourself with Grill Master Randy’s recipe for out-of-this-world Wagyu ribeye! While you’re at it, ditch the carbs and try a vibrant keto side dish.
PREP 20 min COOK 25 min READY IN 45 min
- 1-inch thick Wagyu Ribeye Steak
- Avocado Oil (for coating)
- Fresh Black Pepper
- Extra Coarse Salt
- For Cauliflower Side Dish:
- 1 head each purple and orange cauliflower
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 lemons (juice of 1, zest of half)
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp fresh black pepper
- 1½ tbs hemp seeds (as garnish)
- 1 tbs parsley
- Items You’ll Need:
- Charcoal Grill
- Lump Charcoal
- Charcoal Chimney
- Fill a charcoal chimney with lump charcoal, and place a small base pile of charcoal in the grill. Light a charcoal fire starter or a few balls of paper, then place the full chimney over the flame. This will quickly ignite the lumps of charcoal before we place them in the grill. Once the coals are hot and ready, dump them on top of the small bed of coals already in the grill. Place in cooking grates, open the both top and bottom vents about halfway, and close the lid to preheat the grill. Aim for a stable temperature of around 375–400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove your steak from the fridge and let it move toward room temperature while you begin to prepare the cauliflower. Trim each head of cauliflower into small florets and set aside. Peel the pearl onions and toss them in with the florets. Next, combine lemon juice, oil, and garlic and mix well. Toss vegetables in the liquid mix to coat, then season with fresh black pepper and kosher salt. Roast the cauliflower in a perforated grill basket until it softens and gets some good browning (this will take about 15 minutes). Once done, pull the basket from the grill and set aside to cool while the steak cooks.
- For the steak, fully open both the top and bottom vents, and place a Blaze stainless steel griddle plate (or any other griddle plate) on the cooking grids. You want the plate to reach searing temperature, so close the lid and let the grill preheat for about 15 minutes with both vents open. Using high heat oil like grapeseed, coat the steak on all sides. Season both sides generously with fresh cracked black pepper and a pinch of extra coarse salt. Pat down to help seasonings stick to the meat.
- Once grill is preheated, place the steak on the griddle plate. Cook for 1½ minutes on each side for medium rare. Pull steak from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While steak is resting, top the cauliflower side dish with a few pinches of hemp seeds, fresh parsley, and lemon zest. This meal goes great with your favorite Cabernet Sauvignon, so pop open a bottle and enjoy!
Grilled Wagyu Essentials