Porterhouse Steak with Balsamic Steak SauceShop All Primo Grills
SERVES 4 PREP 10 min COOK 25-30 min
- 2 inch thick Porterhouse Steak (approx. 3 lbs.)
- ¾ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 Shallots (sliced)
- 2 tbls. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbls. Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp. Allspice
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper (course)
- 1 Stick Softened Butter
- Preheat grill to high on one side and lightly oil the grates
- Season the steak with the Kosher salt and black pepper and grill over direct heat for 4 min, then rotate the steak at a 45 degree angle, and cook for 2 more min.
- Repeat for the second side.
- Move the steak to the cooler side of the grill (positioning the smaller end away from the heat), close grill head and cook until the meat reaches 125-130 degrees for medium rare. About 12-15 minutes.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
For Balsamic Sauce:
- Simmer the Balsamic vinegar, ketchup, honey, shallots, Worcestershire, mustard, allspice, and salt & pepper and sugar to taste until thickened. (about 15 minutes)
- Remove from heat, strain, then whisk in the butter.
- Drizzle sauce over the thinly sliced steak and enjoy!