Philly Cheesesteak on a Gas Griddle
Philly cheesesteak recipes are fairly simple, but have you ever seen one done on a gas griddle? Video producer Sean grabbed an Everdure Cube and its griddle accessory to try it out, and the deliciously drippy results didn’t disappoint. With 2 pounds of tri-tip beef and all the Cheez Whiz you could ever ask for, this dish is guaranteed to Phil you up!
PREP 15 min COOK 20 min READY IN 35 min Serves 2 people
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- 2 lbs tri-tip beef (thinly sliced)
- 1 hoagie roll
- Cheez Whiz (as much or as little as you want)
- Place your griddle accessory in your grill and preheat to high.
- Thinly slice your red bell pepper. (If you like onions on your Philly cheesesteak, now is the time to slice them as well. Give them the same treatment as the peppers throughout this recipe.)
- Once your grill and griddle have reached temperature, add olive oil to the griddle before placing your peppers on as well.
- Season the peppers with your preferred amount of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook peppers for about 8–10 minutes.
- Add the sliced tri-tip to the griddle. As you can see in the video demonstrating this recipe, your griddle may not be big enough to fit all that beef. In that event, feel free to place half the tri-tip on the griddle and the other half on your actual grill grates. We found that the sear marks from the tri-tip on the grates actually enhanced the cheesesteak!
- However your tri-tip is arranged, season it with your preferred amount of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Let the beef cook for about 8–10 minutes or until it has reached your desired internal temperature. Keep in mind that more meat means slightly longer cook times.
- Slice open your hoagie, leaving the 2 halves slightly intact. Place it open-faced on top of the beef on the griddle, using the halves to scoop the beef and peppers into the hoagie. If you find this too difficult, you can always use tongs to transfer everything from the griddle into the sliced hoagie.
- Top the sandwich as much Cheez Whiz as your heart and stomach desire (we won’t judge).
- Grab a few napkins, and enjoy!