Pecan Smoked Herb Potatoes
BBQ expert Randy shows you how to make this delicious side perfect with any meal.
PREP 15 minutes COOK 45 minutes SERVES 10 as a side
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, basil, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, and thyme
- ½ cup pecan wood chips, soaked
- natural lump charcoal
- 3 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Things You'll Need:
- Charcoal Grill
- Pecan Wood Chips
- Lump Charcoal
- Light your coals so they will be hot when you are done prepping.
- Combine potatoes and chopped herbs in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, bacon fat, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Using perforated grilling pan, grill over medium hot coals for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turn and shake occasionally.