Homemade Pumpkin Sugar Cookies on the Blaze Kamado
In this quick video, we show you an easy recipe for tasty homemade pumpkin sugar cookies on the Blaze Kamado.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl mix together butter, pumpkin, sugar, powdered sugar, vanilla, and eggs until smooth.
- In another bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradually mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until blended into dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30m to an hour.
- Preheat kamado to 350 and use parchment paper to cover your baking sheet.
- Roll dough into 2-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Use the bottom of a small jar (or tall glass) to flatten the dough balls to ½ inch thickness. Bake for 10-14 minutes. Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- To prepare the frosting, cream together butter and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Mix in sour cream. Gradually mix in powdered sugar.
- Frost cookies once cooled.