Homemade BBQ Sauce
Ran out of BBQ sauce in the middle of your cookout? Or do you just like to make everything from scratch? This simple BBQ sauce recipe can be easily thrown together with basic ingredients from your pantry, and it takes only about half an hour to whip up on the stove top or grill.
PREP 5 min COOK 30 min READY IN 35 min
- 2 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Hot sauce (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat on your stove top or grill, keeping an eye on the sauce and stirring regularly.
- Once the sauce begins to simmer, drop the heat to low.
- Allow sauce to thicken to desired consistency, stirring every now and then.
- Serve with your favorite grilled food, and enjoy!