Grilled Shrimp Po-Boy Recipe With Remoulade Sauce
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
For this recipe, we cook a Louisiana favorite, shrimp po-boys! First we soak our shrimp in our homemade marinade, then we grill them up on our Lynx gas grill and finally dress our po-boys with our spicy remoulade sauce.
SERVES 3 - 6 PREP 40 min COOK 5 min READY IN 45 min
- 2 lbs colossal shrimp
- French loaf bread (enough for three 12-inch po-boys)
- Butter lettuce for dressing sandwich
- 3 each thick sliced tomato for dressing sandwich
- Shrimp Marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp creole seasoning blend
- 2 each minced shallots
- Remoulade Sauce: (Makes 2 Cups)
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp full grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish, rinsed & drained
- 1 Tbsp cornichon
- 2 Tbsp minced parsley
- 1 each minced shallots
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 Tbsp creole seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp coriander
- 1 Tbsp drained & chopped capers
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- Optional: You can use store-bought creole seasoning. If the blend you use has salt in it already, leave out the additional salt in the recipe.
- Creole Seasoning Blend: (Makes Approximately 1 Cup)
- 3 Tbsp roasted garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 3 Tbsp dry basil
- 2 Tbsp dry thyme
- 3 Tbsp dry oregano
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp dry rubbed sage
- 1 Tbsp dry lemon peel
- Peel and de-vein 2 lbs of colossal shrimp, set aside in fridge while you mix up the marinade.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together ingredients for marinade.
- Add shrimp to marinade and toss to coat well.
- Set in fridge and allow them to marinade 30 minutes to an hour, while you mix up the remoulade sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, followed by Worcestershire, lemon juice, hot sauce and Dijon mustard. Whisk everything together well.
- Add remaining ingredients to remoulade and whisk everything together.
- Transfer remoulade sauce to serving dish and set in fridge until ready to serve.
- Remove shrimp from refrigerator and preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place shrimp on preheated grill and allow them to cook about 2 minutes per side. The shrimp are done cooking when they have turned opaque.
- Remove shrimp and lightly tent with foil.
- Halve French bread and brush on olive oil. Grill for a few seconds to toast bread.
- Assemble Po-boy with homemade remoulade sauce, fresh sliced tomatoes, butter lettuce, and grilled shrimp.
- Slice 12-inch Po-boys in half, serve, and enjoy!
Items Used In This Recipe