Grilled Panzanella Salad on the Weber Summit
In this video, we take a trip to Fullness Organic Farm in Baton Rouge Louisiana to grab some fresh vegetables & grill up a Panzanella Salad on the Weber Summit.Shop Weber Summit Charcoal Grill
PREP 10 minutes COOK 15 minutes SERVES 4 as a side
- 1 lg. loaf Artisan bread
- 4 strips of thick cut bacon
- 2 lg. eggplant
- 1 lg. red onion
- 4-5 lg. sweet peppers
- 1 pint organic cherry tomatoes
- 2 small-medium heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbs. capers
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 tbs. garlic (minced)
- 2 tbs. dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- Items You’ll Need:
- Weber Summit or another Charcoal Grill
- Lump Charcoal
- Charcoal Starter
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Heat charcoal grill to medium-high heat and place cast iron skillet in grill to get hot. Once hot, cook the bacon in skillet til crispy. Then remove from grill.
- Begin prepping the vegetables by slicing the eggplants and red onions into large disks. Drizzle a little of the oil on the eggplant, red onions, and sweet peppers, and place on grill. Cook for about 2 min. on each side, or until they have the desired color, and remove from grill.
- Slice bread in half, long ways, drizzle a little oil on bread and grill until crispy. Then remove from grill.
- Let grilled food cool for 5 min. Rough chop the bread, bacon, eggplant, red onion, peppers, and tomatoes and place in large mixing bowl. Chiffonade basil and toss that in bowl, along with the capers, leaving a little basil aside for garnish.
- Combine minced garlic, mustard, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and whisk together until incorporated.
- Toss all ingredients with vinaigrette, salt and pepper.