A twist on the popular frozen wine cocktail, our Freedom Frosé is the perfect star-spangled beverage for an Independence Day inspired party. Complete with Pop Rocks around the rim of the glass and star-shaped garnish, you're sure to hear freedom ring.
PREP TIME 30 mins INACTIVE TIME 6 hours READY IN 6.5 hours
- Ingredients (Serves 4-6):
- 1 bottle of rosé (750mL)
- 1 bag of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 2 lemons
- 4 drops of red food coloring
- 4 packs of Pop Rocks
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Pour bottle of rosé into a glass baking dish. The larger the surface area, the faster the wine will freeze. We used a 13” x 9” dish and it froze in about 5 hours.
- When the rosé is mostly frozen, begin preparing the berry mixture. Blend 1 bag frozen raspberries, 1 cup simple syrup, 4 drops of red food coloring and the juice of one lemon using an electric blender until smooth.
- Add the frozen rosé to the berry mixture in the blender and pulse lightly to combine.
- Pour the mixture back into the baking dish and place in the freezer for an hour. Prep the serving glasses while the frosé solidifies.
- Open one pop rocks packet and pour onto a small plate. Using a lemon slice, wet the edge of each glass and dip in pop rocks (okay to substitute corn syrup for lemon). Work quickly as the pop rocks stick best when first opened. Open fresh packs as needed.
- Vertically slice the Granny Smith apple into 1/4” thick rounds. Using a star-shaped cookie cutter, cut apple stars from the slices. Cut a slit from the star’s center to one outer point. Use this slit to wedge the apple star onto the rim of the glass. (To prevent apples from browning, sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice on them immediately after cutting).
- Remove frosé mixture from freezer and scrape into a pitcher. Stir. Evenly distribute frozen drink between garnished glasses and enjoy!