Tequila Lime Chargrilled Oysters
Learn how to make Tequila Lime Chargrilled Oysters!
PREP 35 min COOK 3 - 5 min READY IN 40 min
- Ingredients for Oysters:
- 2 dozen in the shell oysters (shucked)
- ½ lb jumbo lump crab meat
- Ingredients for Tequila, Cilantro, and Lime Compound Butter:
- ¾ lb softened, unsalted butter
- 2 serrano peppers (seeded & minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp silver tequila
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Ingredients for Breadcrumb Cheese Topping:
- ¾ cup fontina cheese (finely shredded)
- 1 ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp creole seasoning
- To make the Tequila, Cilantro, and Lime Compound Butter, give the butter time to soften. Using a rubber spatula, fold all Compound Butter ingredients together.
- Once the ingredients are fully incorporated, lay out about 2 ft. of plastic wrap.
- Spoon the butter mixture onto the center of the plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Twist the ends of the plastic wrap to seal and place it in the refrigerator to harden.
- To make the Chargrilled Oysters, preheat grill to high heat.
- Once the oysters have been shucked, make sure to scrape the muscle from the shell so that the oysters will easily slide off the shell.
- With your oysters on the half shell spread out, top them in this order: pinch of the breadcrumb mixture, ¼ inch thick slice of the compound butter, lump crab meat (as much as you want!), and one last pinch of the breadcrumb mixture.
- Grill over high heat for 3-5 minutes or until the butter has melted and the breadcrumbs have browned. This shouldn’t take very long!
- Serve with crostini bread and enjoy!