If you love Philly Cheesesteaks then this recipe by Jaqueline Duffin is for you! They are quick and easy to make at home on your flat top griddle or cast-iron skillet. Homemade cheese sauce goes great on sandwiches and save the leftovers for chili cheese dogs or stadium style nachos.
Ingredients for the Homemade Cheese Sauce
- 1lb Velveeta – cubed
- 1 can evaporated milk (12oz)
- ½ tsp mustard powder
- ½ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
Ingredients for the Cheesesteak Filling
- 1.5 lb Boneless Ribeye Steak – thinly sliced
- 2 white onions – thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp BBQGUYS Signature x Spiceology Beef Rub
- 4 hoagie/sub rolls
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
Items You'll Need
- In a large saucepan on medium heat add evaporated milk, mustard powder, cayenne powder and onion powder. Mix well then add cubed Velveeta cheese. Let melt completely and make sure to stir occasionally. (You can also make this in a crockpot on low to keep warm for later)
- On flat top griddle or large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat add 2 tablespoons of butter, sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and once they start to caramelize after 15 minutes, add thinly sliced ribeye to onions. Season well with BBQGuys x Spiceology Beef Rub signature blend.
- Cook for 6-8 until steak is cooked and adjust seasonings as needed. Add mayonnaise to hoagie/sub rolls, toast under broiler or on grill, top with cooked steak and onions then load on melted cheese sauce. Enjoy!