Asian Shrimp Boil & Vegetable Stir-Fry on the Blaze Power Burner
In this video, I show you my favorite Asian Shrimp Boil Recipe, then we use the flavorful boiled shrimp to make a shrimp & vegetable wok stir fry.Shop Blaze Side Burners
SERVES 4-5 PREP 45 min COOK 30 min
- Asian Shrimp Boil:
- 4 lbs. large shrimp peeled and deveined
- ½ cup large cut green onions
- 3 lemons halved (squeezed) and rinds
- 5 bay leaves
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and julienned
- 2 Tbsp. garlic chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cracked black pepper
- 7 Gallons water
- Lite dust on the shrimp with favorite Chinese 5 spice blend
- Delicious Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry:
- 1/2 cup large chopped onion
- 2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup snap peas
- 3/4 cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup julienned red peppers
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 ½ cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. white sesame seeds for garnish
- Combine 3 gallons of water with bay leaves, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, lemon rinds, green onions, soy sauce, sugar, crushed red pepper, salt & pepper, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Season the shrimp with the 5 spice and toss into the boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or when the water comes back to a boil.
- Turn off heat.
- Let shrimp sit for 2 min.
- Remove lemon rinds from water, then strain shrimp.
- Set shrimp on platter to cool.
- Mix together the vegetable oil and sesame oil.
- In small mixing bowl, mix together the corn starch, garlic, ginger, and half the oil mix until the corn starch is dissolved.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together broccoli, snap pees, carrots, baby corn, red peppers, and starch and oil mixture until vegetables are lightly coated.
- Heat the remaining oil mix in a wok, over medium heat.
- Cook vegetables in oil for about 2 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Stir in salt, soy sauce, and lastly shrimp.
- Continue to cook until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and remove from heat.
- Serve & enjoy!
Asian Shrimp Boil & Veggie Stir-Fry on the Blaze