Inside out jalapeño poppers are like traditional jalapeño poppers but Christie Vanover of Girls Can Grill puts the bacon on the inside surrounded by a crispy cheesy shell. Instead of stuffing a jalapeño half with cream cheese, garlic and cheddar cheese and wrapping it in bacon, place the cheddar cheese on a griddle and add all the popper ingredients on top. Once the cheese starts to crisp up, roll it into a log and your inside out jalapeño poppers are ready for the party.
- 4 jalapeños
- 8 slices bacon diced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Items You'll Need
- Cut each jalapeño in half. Remove seeds and stems. Slice halves into 8 strips. You should have 16 strips per jalapeño and 64 strips total. Slice the cream cheese into 16 pieces, and slice each of those in half to make 32 pieces. Keep them cold and separated.
- Heat your griddle to medium low (350-380°F). Place the bacon on the griddle and cook, until it's browned. Add the peppers to the griddle at the same time and cook with the bacon drippings, until tender. Clean the griddle.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese on the griddle in an oblong shape. Top with 1 piece of cream cheese, a pinch of garlic powder, 2 jalapeño strips and a few crumbles of bacon.
- Once the edges of the cheddar cheese start to brown, slide your spatula under the cheese. Fold the left side over the toppings. Then fold the right side over the toppings to make a log. Remove from the grill and sprinkle with salt.