Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs from Christie Vanover
Looking for an easy crowd-pleasing appetizer? Look no further. These bacon-wrapped chicken thighs from pitmaster Christie Vanover of Girls Can Grill are super simple to make and have just the right amount of heat with a jalapeno slice inside and a sweet sticky coating of raspberry chipotle sauce.
SERVES 16 servings PREP 15 mins COOK 25 mins READY IN 40 mins
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 jalapenos, sliced
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup raspberry chipotle BBQ sauce
- Items You'll Need:
- Gas Grill
- Basting Brush
- Slice each chicken thigh into 2-3 pieces, depending on how big they are. Slice each bacon strip in half.
- Place a piece of chicken thigh on top of a strip of bacon. Add a slice of jalapeño on top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll up, wrapping everything in the bacon strip. Place it seam side down.
- Heat the grill to low heat or about 300F degrees. Place the wrapped chicken thighs on the grill over direct heat with the seam side down. Grill for 10 minutes. Flip. Grill for 10 more minutes.
- Brush raspberry chipotle sauce on the bottom of the thighs. Flip. Sauce the tops and grill for 5 more minutes, until the sauce is set.