Tin Roof Amber Ale Beer-Infused BBQ Sauce Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Do you love beer? Do you love Barbecue? This recipe is for you! In this recipe, you'll learn how to make homemade Amber Ale beer-infused BBQ sauce. I like to use Tin Roof Perfect Tin Amber Ale in this, from a local Baton Rouge brewery, but feel free to sub in your favorite beer. This barbecue sauce goes great on just about anything, but I like to use it on my beer brined pork shoulder tacos!
YIELDS 6 cups PREP 10 min COOK 15 min READY IN 25 min
- 1 each yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic paste
- 30 oz tomato purée
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar
- 1/2 cup espresso or strong dark coffee
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp ancho chili powder
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 oz Perfect Tin Amber Ale (or your favorite amber ale), room temperature
- Butter a sauce pan over medium heat, and add in minced yellow onion. Sautee until onion is caramelized.
- Stir in garlic paste, then pour in tomato purée.
- Stir in cocoa powder, brown sugar, ancho chili powder, ground cinnamon, and kosher salt.
- Add in espresso, malt vinegar, and black strap molasses.
- Using an immersion blender, mix everything together well in the sauce pan.
- After sauce is smooth consistency, pour in a can of your favorite amber ale.
- Simmer sauce on low heat for 5 minutes and it is ready to serve, or refrigerate for your next BBQ!
Items Used In This Recipe
Shop All Departments
BBQ Grills & Smokers
Pizza Ovens & Accessories
Fryers, Burners & Cookware
- BBQ Grills & Smokers
- Outdoor Kitchens
- BBQ Accessories
- Shop By Brand
- Outdoor Kitchen Planning
- Gas Grill Reviews
- Sales & Offers