Step up your hosting game with these delicious Roasted Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes, packed with melty cheeses, savory heat, and plenty of tender roasted chicken. With this recipe from Chiles and Smoke’s Brad Prose, you’ll experience layers of unforgettable flavor blended together for a sweet, spicy, and cheesy bite. A perfect way to make use of those outdoor pizza ovens and leftover roasted chicken; once you start regularly cooking this dish, you won’t be able to stop.
- 4 large yams, or orange sweet potatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded smoked/roasted chicken
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Blue cheese dressing for serving
- 2 green onions, diced for garnish
Items You'll Need
- Preheat your Blaze Pizza Oven to 400°F. Wash the sweet potatoes and poke a few holes in the tops of each. Place them on a baking sheet and bake for an hour, or until tender to the touch. Be sure to use protective gloves.
- Warm up the shredded chicken in a saucepan with buffalo sauce, just until it is warm. Use more sauce if needed.
- Slice open the sweet potatoes and mash down the flesh with a fork. Sprinkle an even amount of mozzarella cheese, buffalo chicken, and blue cheese crumbles into each potato.
- Place the filled sweet potatoes back into the oven for about 5–8 minutes, or until the blue cheese has started to melt.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow them to cool for several minutes. Serve with blue cheese dressing and diced green onions. Feel free to add more buffalo sauce as desired.