Learn how to make the perfect Boudin Stuffed Venison Tenderloin!
Ingredients for Boudin-Stuffed
- 2 lb venison tenderloin
- ½ lb bacon (thin sliced)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 link of boudin
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Items You'll Need
- Rinse the venison tenderloins with water and trim off the fat and silver skin.
- Place them in a large zip tight bag and cover with buttermilk. Seal the bag and allow it to soak in the refrigerator for 3-5 hours. This helps tenderize the meat while also taking some gaminess out of it.
- For the marinade, mix brown sugar and soy sauce together in a mixing bowl.
- Remove the tenderloins from the butter milk and rinse clean.
- Place trimmed venison loins in zip tight bag and pour the soy and brown sugar mixture on top. Give the bag a good shake to ensure the meat has full contact with the marinade.
- Marinate tenderloins overnight.
- Preheat grill to 350 ℉.
- Remove loin from marinade and place on a baking rack with a pan underneath to catch the drippings. Discard the marinade once it’s used.
- Butterfly the tenderloin for stuffing.
- Remove the boudin from the casing and pack it tightly into the tenderloin. Fold over so that the boudin is fully surrounded by the venison.
- With one slice of bacon, cover the butterflied end to help seal in the boudin.
- On a separate board, vertically lay out the strips of bacon so that they’re the same length as the tenderloin, leaving no space between each strip. Lay the tenderloin on top of the strips of bacon and wrap the loin completely. This should require about 8-12 bacon slices, depending on the size of your tenderloin.
- On your preheated grill, place the loin in the center of the grill, leaving the folded bacon side facing up first. Turn the lion every couple of minutes to make sure the bacon gets crisp all around.
- Once the bacon is cooked completely, move the loin to the side of the grill for indirect cooking. Cook for a total of 25-35 minutes for medium, 20-25 minutes for medium rare.
- Once you’ve achieved your desired doneness, remove from grill and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice about ½ inch thick and serve with your favorite sides!