Kansas City Brisket Burnt Ends Sandwich by Brad Prose
Celebrate game day with a classic regional staple from Brad Prose by piling brisket onto these KC Burnt End Sandwiches. Slow smoked brisket forms a dark, crusty bark before being slowly braised and glazed with delicious red barbecue sauce. Each gem is tasty on it’s own, but piled high on a toasted bun is the best way to transport them to your mouth!
|SERVES 6-8 servings||PREP 10 mins||COOK 6 - 7 hrs||READY IN 6 - 7 hrs|
- Trim the brisket point of any loose fat or silverskin. Season all sides generously with the BBQGuys x Spiceology Kansas Rub. Allow the brisket to rest at room temperature and heat up your smoker to 250°F.
- Place the brisket in the smoker and allow it to cook undisturbed for about 3 hours. Check on it to make sure it has a great color, the bark should be darker and firm.
- Once the temperature is around 165°F, remove it and place it on a sheet of heavy duty foil. Pour on the beef broth and wrap it up tight. Return to the smoker and turn up the heat to 300°F. Use your temperature probe to monitor the brisket.
- After about 90 minutes, the brisket will reach about 195-200°F. Check the thickest parts to make sure it’s very tender.
- Remove the brisket and slice into cubes. Add the cubes to a sheet pan or foil pan, and pour in the beef juices that were left over. Add in the barbecue sauce and mix everything gently until the brisket is coated. Set the pan back in the smoker for about 25-35 minutes until the sauce is tacky on the outside.
- Toast the buns and pile on the brisket burnt ends. They are traditionally served with pickles or onions on the side.
Pit Stops | Presented By BBQGuys
BBQGuys and Cooper Manning are on a quest to visit the best backyards in the country. With Pit Stops presented by BBQGuys, we are out to discover what it means to have true backyard style. Along the way we’ve enlisted some friends you may recognize to show us their backyards and to tell us what grilling and outdoor living means to them.
Episode #2: Cooper Manning with The Miz
In this episode, Cooper Manning tours WWE Superstar Mike 'The Miz' Mizanin's gorgeous home and outdoor kitchen. Watch Episode #2 of Pitstops presented by BBQGuys and join Cooper and The Miz for a bit of backyard chipping, championship belts, and delicious BBQ cooked on The Miz's outdoor kitchen and shared with family.
Featured This Episode
Episode #1: Cooper Manning with
The grill is the where the magic happens in Colin Cowherd’s backyard. Watch Episode #1 of Pitstops presented by BBQGuys and come along with Cooper Manning as he gets a behind the scenes tour. Cowherd guides Manning throughout his yard and shares memories about his childhood, talks about what makes for a great backyard event, and even divulges who he would like to host for an epic BBQ.