Stay Warm Year Round With Gas Patio Heaters
Gas patio heaters are your outdoor kitchen's champion against cold months and temperature downswings. Picking one means picking between mounted or freestanding designs. If you’re looking for a more permanent solution to outdoor heating, mounted gas heaters are your best bet: they burn hotter than electric heaters and save valuable floor space with wall or ceiling positioning. Freestanding gas heaters offer strong differences between natural gas and propane models. Freestanding natural gas heaters must be connected to a gas line, but they burn hotter and need no refills. Freestanding propane heaters are highly portable and don’t require installation — but they do require propane tank refills. When it comes to picking the best gas models available, our experts considered the following:
- Quality — No one wants to go cold because their heater didn’t stand the test of time, so we put a high priority on quality for this list. It’s better to buy a patio heater that’ll last for years than to get the cold shoulder from an inferior and unreliable product.
- Performance — As a general rule, gas patio heaters burn hotter than their electric counterparts. Even so, our experts carefully vetted the best gas patio heaters on the market — ensuring our picks are the hottest thing to hit patios since the classic 2 x 4.
- Features — We considered safety factors such as automatic re-ignition, safety pilot shutoff system, and oxygen depletion sensors when judging which gas patio heaters are the best. We know that while looks may be important, you also value safety when it comes to heating your outdoor space.
Top Gas Heaters
Best Mounted Gas Patio Heaters
If you need heat in your outdoor kitchen but don’t want clutter, we can help you find the best of both worlds. These are our choices for the best mounted gas heaters:
Bromic Heating Platinum 500 Smart-Heat Natural Gas Patio Heater
- Glass-ceramic technology uses infrared heat to resist winds up to 11mph
- Designed with multiple mounting options to fit most spaces
- Pivot brackets allow for directional heat changes
- Smart system ignition automatically reignites the heater
- Stainless steel construction lends great durability
- 39,800-BTU heater can warm areas of up to 200 square feet
Bromic Heating Tungsten 500 Smart-Heat 25-Inch Natural Gas Patio Heater
- Multiple mounting options reclaim valuable floor space
- Pivot brackets offer directional control and coverage of heat
- Mesh screen directs infrared energy giving 8mph wind resistance
- Flame failure safety control shuts off heater if auto re-light fails
- Single switch, electronic ignition allows control of multiple units
- 43,000 BTU's of heat can evenly heat areas up to 200 sq. ft.
Sunpak 48-Inch Natural Gas Infrared Patio Heater
- Powder-coated finish blends into surrounding surfaces
- Installs quickly and easily with included mounting bracket
- Electronic ignition delivers reliable start every time
- Automatic re-light and flame sensor supplies peace of mind
- Trim kit accessories provide multiple color finish options
- 25,000 BTU's of heat can evenly heat areas up to 144 sq. ft.
Still having trouble deciding which patio heater is right for your outdoor kitchen? Our experts are standing by at 1-877-743-2269 to answer any of your outdoor heating questions. Don't forget to check out our Patio Heater Expert Reviews for even more information on the brands and series of patio heaters available at BBQGuys®!