Lightweight portable design makes it easy to take it with you on the go
Son of Hibachi is one of the most versatile charcoal barbecuing systems for home and travel. The ingenious blast furnace concept with the chimney effect enables you to be cooking in less than 10 minutes and assures consistent heat under the grills. With 170 sq. in. of cooking surface and a convertible roasting oven, this power house barbecue can cook anything from hamburgers and hot dogs to a Chateaubriand. Whether its breakfast, lunch or dinner, when you are finished cooking this grill folds into a self-cleaning oven and self-extinguishing barbecue. Then simply insert Son of Hibachi into the Snuff Out Pouch. This pouch has a flame-retardant lining, permitting you to pack up the barbecue immediately after eating and take it with you or store it for use at your next meal. On top of that, Son of Hibachi saves the unused charcoal for later use. This saves you time and money. Constructed of carbon steel with cast iron cooking grids.
- 170 square inch cooking surface is perfect for grilling burgers, steaks, hot dogs and more
- Easy to light and ready to cook in about 7 minutes
- Folds into a self-cleaning oven when you're done cooking
Legal disclaimers and warnings
Product packaging, owners’ manuals, installation instructions, and/or operating instructions may include more information than what is shown on our website. The content on our site is intended to be used for reference purposes only. Please fully read all included manuals and documentation before installing or using this product. WARNING for California residents: this product may contain chemical(s) known to the state of California to cause birth defects, cancer, or other reproductive harm.
Overall Dimensions Weight 19 Pounds
* Some orders received will go through our fraud prevention department. If your order is selected, you will be notified and your order may be delayed up to three (3) additional business days.
Shipping Price $6.95 ( Read Our Simple Shipping Policy ) Ship Time*Leaves our warehouse in 24 hours
Simple Shipping applies to continental U.S. locations only.
Over $249 Free Under $249 $6.95
Free Shipping on orders over $249
Ship your entire order to your home for free, especially the big stuff!
$6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping
Anything under $249 ships at one low price. If your order increases, your shipping stays the same!
45 Day “No Hassle” Returns
We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging for a full refund (minus actual shipping cost we incurred).
No Restocking Fee
Most companies charge a 15% or more restocking fee. We think that is wrong.
Shared Shopping Cart
One shared shopping cart lets you shop across our family of sites and reach free shipping faster.
We do not ship items directly to Canada, however we will ship to your desired US-based freight forwarder.
Please call 1-877-743-2269 for more information.
45 Day No Hassle Returns
We want you to love what you buy! But if you don’t, we offer a simple “No Hassle Returns” policy. We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging within 45 days of delivery for a refund (minus the original and return shipping costs incurred by BBQGuys.com). Naturally, if your return is because of our error, you are not responsible for any shipping costs.
- If your return request is due to product defect or damage, we will first work with you to get the product repaired. If repair is not possible, then we’ll work with you to get it replaced.
- If your return will be coming back via freight truck, we will require you to provide us a photo before your return will be authorized. This can be as simple as a cell phone pic! We just need a “before” picture in case there is any damage to the item on its way back to us.
- To expedite the returns process, before shipping the item(s) back, make sure they are clean, the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage, and (if necessary) you note all defects along with the photos taken.
Important information about refund eligibility:
To be eligible for a “No Hassle Return,” items must be returned within 45 days of delivery in “Like New” condition. “Like New” condition is when a returned item is unused, unassembled, and has been returned in the original packaging.
- Full refunds do not apply to certain items, including clearance items, gift cards, gift certificates, items that have been personalized, and items clearly marked as “non-returnable,” such as products sold as “Warehouse Deals.”
- The costs of return shipping are deducted from your refund or merchandise credit.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item has been inspected by us in our warehouse.
- Refunds must be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item is inspected upon return delivery.
- BBQGuys.com reserves the right to refuse a refund on a returned item if:
- The item that has been returned does not match the original item shipped to the customer.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging.
- The item was damaged during the return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been obviously heavily used (such as significant charcoal buildup inside a grill).
- The item has been assembled in a way that would impede proper packaging for return shipping.
In exchange situations, there are TWO options:
- If you need the product right away, you can purchase a replacement on a new order to get it shipped out as soon as possible. Then return the original item and we’ll refund you for the original once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition.
- If you can wait a little longer, return the original item and once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition, we’ll refund you for that purchase, then have you purchase the replacement on a new order and we’ll ship the replacement as soon as possible.
Custom made-to-order/special order items are made to your specifications. Due to the custom nature of made-to-order/special order items, all sales are final. Made-to-order/special order items defective due to manufacturing will be repaired/replaced as long as the claim is made within the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. Custom pieces damaged in shipping will still follow all steps for a freight claim as previously listed here. All Custom pieces will be repaired or replaced with an item of the same nature as previously ordered. You will not be allowed to order an item that differs from the damaged or defective item.
Feel free to use our simple online form to obtain a Returns Authorization Number (also known as an RMA number) and let us walk you through our 45 Day No Hassle Returns process.
Customer Safety & Security
All purchasing transactions take place over a secure connection. This means that while theoretically someone could be listening to the conversation between your computer and our server, they could not understand it. It is encrypted with the highest standards and latest technologies possible.
Also, our site is checked daily to verify the security of our site and your transactions.
Customers Also Bought
Overall Customer Rating
We don't have any customer images for this item yet.
Want to leave a review for this product?
Still Awesome after all these years!Wow! I had one of these very same 'Son of Hibachi' grills 30 years ago in Alaska and loved it.. Absolutely loved it. The only thing I'd use outdoors. Portability is great, just plenty of height adjustments for most any cooking and the fold up feature really helped it start fast and enabled very good clean-up and portability. A new on will be on it's was ASAP... For a couple and a few friends this is ALL you'll ever need and it's very compact and portable.. Definitely 5 start * * * * * !!
Almost GreatLet me start by saying that BBQGUYS.com provided great service. The grill arrived quickly, and I tested it once before leaving on a 2 week vacation. I used a wax-impregnated wood shaving starter (I don't like starter fluid) and it wasn't enough to light the coals properly. I put in a second one and still didn't get good results. The second time I used the grill I used 2 of these starters. The coals at the bottom lit and burned through a bit while the ones at the top didn't light at all. Maybe it will work better if I use paper and fluid per the instructions. I'll try that next. My problem, though, is one that other people have mentioned. I read about problems with the snuff-out pouch zipper. The pouch is a great feature, and it's the main reason I chose this grill. Because of the reported problems, I handled it very carefully. The zipper pull broke off the second time I put the grill away. There is a second zipper, so it's still usable, but I have no doubt the second zipper will break soon. I emailed the manufacturer (email@example.com) but got no response. I reached out to ShoppersChoice (the parent company of BBQGUYS) and they promised to try to get a new pouch. If the zipper problem gets fixed and I'm able to light the coals better, I will probably increase my rating to 5 stars. The grill is well designed and easy to use if you get the coals started properly. Portability with the snuff-out pouch is unbeatable.
Question & Answer
No Questions Asked Yet.
Have a question about the Son Of Hibachi Portable Charcoal Grill? Be the first to ask!
Want to ask a question about this product?