Gas Log Learning Center
How to Buy Gas Logs
With over a decade of gas log experience, our certified professionals help you choose the right gas logs for your home.
Vented vs Ventless Gas Logs
Learn the difference between venting types and how to tell which one is best for your fireplace.
Top Rated: Best Vented Gas Logs
These top rated vented sets will introduce you to many of the options that are available. Our top rated sets are graded on quality, efficiency, and realism.
Gas Log Styles
Gas logs are molded from real logs to provide the most realistic appearance possible. Find the right gas log style for your home.
Gas Logs & Accessories
Choosing the Right Gas Log Set for You
Gas Log Sets are a convenient alternative to real wood during cold winter months. They’re easy to use and require very little maintenance. Gas logs come in a wide variety of sizes and styles to suit any décor so how do you decide which one to purchase? When choosing gas logs for your fireplace, there are a few things to consider.
- Fireplace Type- This is the first thing you need to determine before choosing a gas log set. Vented gas log sets require a fully-functioning wood burning fireplace with a chimney in good repair. If you don’t have one available in your home, then a ventless gas log set will suit your needs. Learn more about the differences between Vented vs Ventless Gas Logs to more accurately determine which type is right for you.
- Fireplace Size- Before purchasing your gas log set, you need to measure your fireplace to determine which size gas logs will comfortably fit. These measurements are also useful if you’d like to add fire glass to take your gas log set to the next level. Use our gas log calculator to help you determine which size gas logs you will need.
- Gas Type- Gas logs come in both natural gas and propane models. Which one you choose will depend on whether or not you have a natural gas line or if you want to have one installed.
- Wood Type- Gas logs come in a wide variety of styles that emulate their real-life wood counterparts. Buy gas logs that match the wood type found in your hometown to really add to the realism. Shop our different gas log styles to find the perfect set for your fireplace.
- Ignition Type- We offer gas logs in a variety of ignition and control methods. You can choose from simple match light gas logs to more sophisticated electronic ignition gas logs. Not sure what the differences are? Check out our article all about Ignition and Control Methods to help you narrow down your choices.