Insulated double walled steel body is designed for efficient thermal convection and heat retention
The Broil King Keg 5000 features 480 square inches total cooking space, including a chrome coated secondary rack, a heavy-duty cast iron cooking grid, a durable steel base and metallic charcoal paint finish. The upper damper is made of heavy duty cast iron and allows you to control the temperature of the cookbox with top-air flow. The multi-tool allows you to open and close the damper with ease, allowing you to cook low and slow or hot and fast. The exterior is a durable powder coated finish that is easy to clean and designed to last in all weather conditions. When you open the lid, you will notice a high performance lid seal designed to keep the heat from escaping between the lid and body. Fully adjustable dampers are made of heavy duty cast aluminium. It allows precise cooking by controlling the air flow throughout the cooking chambers. The Keg 5000 also comes with a removable, slide-out ash container for quick and easy clean up.
- Removable chrome plated secondary rack rotates out of the way for easy access to the lower cast iron cooking grate
- Adjustable air dampers allow you to precisely control the grilling temperature
- Removable steel ash tray with black cast aluminum Roto-Draft damper
- Two removable resin side shelves with integrated tool hooks
WarrantyThe body of the grill is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ten (10) years. The cast iron cooking grates and all remaining parts and paint are warranted for a period of two (2) years.
Freight Delivery Details
- The Shipping Company will call you at the phone numbers you provided to schedule the delivery of your package.
- The Shipping Company will deliver your package and you or someone over the age of 18 must be present at the time of delivery to inspect and sign for your package.
- At the time of delivery inspect your package for visible damage, if there is visible damage refuse the package and contact us at 1-877-743-2269.
- If you fail to be present at time of your scheduled delivery, you will be charged for shipping.
- If there is no visible damage, sign for your package and inspect it for concealed damage, if there is concealed damage contact us at 1-877-743-2269.
- We recommend having an extra person or dolly to help move your package.
Legal disclaimers and warnings
Product packaging, owners’ manuals, installation instructions, and/or operating instructions may include more information than what is shown on our website. The content on our site is intended to be used for reference purposes only. Please fully read all included manuals and documentation before installing or using this product. WARNING for California residents: this product may contain chemical(s) known to the state of California to cause birth defects, cancer, or other reproductive harm.
Overall Dimensions Height 47 Inches Width 41 Inches Depth 27 1/2 Inches Weight 126 Pounds Shipping Details
* Some orders received will go through our fraud prevention department. If your order is selected, you will be notified and your order may be delayed up to three (3) additional business days.
Shipping PriceFree Shipping( Read Our Simple Shipping Policy ) Ship Time*Leaves our warehouse in 1-3 business days Shipping Dimensions & Weight Shipping Width 29 Inches Shipping Height 38 Inches Shipping Length 25 Inches Shipping Weight 126 Pounds
Simple Shipping applies to continental U.S. locations only.
Over $249 Free Under $249 $6.95
Free Shipping on orders over $249
Ship your entire order to your home for free, especially the big stuff!
$6.95 Flat-Rate Shipping
Anything under $249 ships at one low price. If your order increases, your shipping stays the same!
45 Day “No Hassle” Returns
We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging for a full refund (minus actual shipping cost we incurred).
No Restocking Fee
Most companies charge a 15% or more restocking fee. We think that is wrong.
Shared Shopping Cart
One shared shopping cart lets you shop across our family of sites and reach free shipping faster.
We do not ship items directly to Canada, however we will ship to your desired US-based freight forwarder.
Please call 1-877-743-2269 for more information.
45 Day No Hassle Returns
We want you to love what you buy! But if you don’t, we offer a simple “No Hassle Returns” policy. We allow you to return all new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging within 45 days of delivery for a refund (minus the original and return shipping costs incurred by BBQGuys.com). Naturally, if your return is because of our error, you are not responsible for any shipping costs.
- If your return request is due to product defect or damage, we will first work with you to get the product repaired. If repair is not possible, then we’ll work with you to get it replaced.
- If your return will be coming back via freight truck, we will require you to provide us a photo before your return will be authorized. This can be as simple as a cell phone pic! We just need a “before” picture in case there is any damage to the item on its way back to us.
- To expedite the returns process, before shipping the item(s) back, make sure they are clean, the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage, and (if necessary) you note all defects along with the photos taken.
Important information about refund eligibility:
To be eligible for a “No Hassle Return,” items must be returned within 45 days of delivery in “Like New” condition. “Like New” condition is when a returned item is unused, unassembled, and has been returned in the original packaging.
- Full refunds do not apply to certain items, including clearance items, gift cards, gift certificates, items that have been personalized, and items clearly marked as “non-returnable,” such as products sold as “Warehouse Deals.”
- The costs of return shipping are deducted from your refund or merchandise credit.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item has been inspected by us in our warehouse.
- Refunds must be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other form of payment used in the original transaction.
- In many cases, refunds are not processed until the item is inspected upon return delivery.
- BBQGuys.com reserves the right to refuse a refund on a returned item if:
- The item that has been returned does not match the original item shipped to the customer.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging.
- The item was damaged during the return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been obviously heavily used (such as significant charcoal buildup inside a grill).
- The item has been assembled in a way that would impede proper packaging for return shipping.
In exchange situations, there are TWO options:
- If you need the product right away, you can purchase a replacement on a new order to get it shipped out as soon as possible. Then return the original item and we’ll refund you for the original once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition.
- If you can wait a little longer, return the original item and once we’ve received it back to our warehouse in “Like New” condition, we’ll refund you for that purchase, then have you purchase the replacement on a new order and we’ll ship the replacement as soon as possible.
Custom made-to-order/special order items are made to your specifications. Due to the custom nature of made-to-order/special order items, all sales are final. Made-to-order/special order items defective due to manufacturing will be repaired/replaced as long as the claim is made within the warranty period offered by the manufacturer. Custom pieces damaged in shipping will still follow all steps for a freight claim as previously listed here. All Custom pieces will be repaired or replaced with an item of the same nature as previously ordered. You will not be allowed to order an item that differs from the damaged or defective item.
Feel free to use our simple online form to obtain a Returns Authorization Number (also known as an RMA number) and let us walk you through our 45 Day No Hassle Returns process.
Customer Safety & Security
All purchasing transactions take place over a secure connection. This means that while theoretically someone could be listening to the conversation between your computer and our server, they could not understand it. It is encrypted with the highest standards and latest technologies possible.
Also, our site is checked daily to verify the security of our site and your transactions.
Customers Also Bought
Compare to Similar Products
Broil King Keg 5000 Steel Charcoal Kamado Grill - Gray
|Primo All-In-One Oval Large Ceramic Kamado Grill With Cradle & Side Shelves - 7500||Broil King Keg 2000 Steel Charcoal Kamado Grill - Black||Kamado Joe 2017 Classic II 18-Inch Freestanding Ceramic Grill|
|Price & Shipping Information||
|Exterior Material||Painted Steel||Ceramic||Painted Steel||Ceramic|
|Kamado Thickness||—||3/4 Inches||—||1 1/4 Inches|
|Cooking Grate Material||Cast Iron||Porcelain Coated Steel||Cast Iron||Stainless Steel|
|Cooking Grid Dimensions||19 Inch Diameter||22 X 15 Inches||19 Inch Diameter||18 Inch Diameter|
|Cooking Grid Type||One Piece||Split||One Piece||Split|
|Grill Type||Kamado Grill||Kamado Grill||Kamado Grill||Kamado Grill|
|Main Grilling Area||280 Sq. Inches||300 Sq. Inches||280 Sq. Inches||254 Sq. Inches|
|Secondary Grilling Area||200 Sq. Inches||—||—||—|
|Total Grilling Area||480 Sq. Inches||—||—||254 Sq. Inches|
|Fire Grate Material||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron||Cast Iron|
|Spring Assisted Hood||No||No||No||Yes|
|Side Shelf Material||Plastic||Plastic||—||Plastic|
|Made In USA||No||Yes||No||No|
Show More Less
Overall Customer Rating
We don't have any customer images for this item yet.
Want to leave a review for this product?
Love this grill!I won a prize from my work and it was advertised as a medium green egg. Before I claimed it I did LOTS of research on similar grills and asked friends that owned Green Eggs and after careful consideration, I chose to use the $$ that would have gone to a GE to a BK Keg. With all the versatility of this cooking machine and especially the portability I have no regrets. I've cooked everything from a Thanksgiving turkey and extra thick rib eye steaks to pizza and everything came out perfect. The steaks are some of the best I've ever whipped up. My wife is getting tired of me wanting to cook everything on it though. For Christmas guess what I got...lots of grilling accessories and gift cards to our local BBQ center. I think she's happy as well!!
Amazing GrillingI purchased this product a few months ago. It is well constructed and assembly was simple. I have been very impressed with the efficiency and flexibility. For low and slow smoking or extremely hot grilling it handles both equally well. I am continuoulsy amazed at how fuel efficient it is. I can do a six hour smoke on one load of charcoal and have plenty left over for high temp (600+) gilling of steaks the next day. This is one purchase that I am definitely getting my monies worth out of.
Best ever!!!Tough And durable for kamando cooking.....very capable of temps 200 degrees and up and holds temp spot on. Living in a winter climate was looking for something that was insulated enough to cook in cold weather, does the job very nicely. Will purchase again in 10 - 15 years when this one wears out
Simply Amazing!!! from pulled pork to pizzaSuper heat for searing meat. slooowww cook for smoked chickens, fish, veggies I cook everything on this grill and it all come out great. I use different woods for smoking with out it all starting to taste the same because the porcelain liner doesn't absorb each wood so you aways get the great taste of each wood in your food. I love It !!!
Great Purchase!!! ... and Loaded with FeaturesI just purchased the Broil King Keg 5000 a few days ago and so far... I cannot say enough good about this BBQ. Initially, I was tentative about purchasing a Ceramic Kamado "knock-off"...as is a steel version of the long standing ceramic Green Egg. Right out of the box I was and am impressed with the Broil King 5000. Assembly was approx. 30 minutes after unpacking all of the parts and reading the very good instructions. The assembly was all about attaching 3- handles, lifting BBQ into stand, locking in place with locating pin and clip... 4 screws to attach utensil hooks to side shelves... attaching side shelves using quick connection pins... Assembly does not get easier and i have had the experience of expending two plus evenings on assembly of other grills in my past. Quality is very good! All parts fit together easily and everything (body, cast iron dampers, main grill, stainless steel warming grill, side shelves, nest/stand) "feels like quality" on this grill. Benefits/Features: Keg 5000 comes with cast iron main grill that includes a cast iron insert that is easily removed for addition of charcoal/wood chips if required. A "Warming" rack that inserts into the main grill via a "post" for easy removal or rotating to the side for fuel replenishment. (At this point in my experience, this warming grill is excellent for smoking.) The shell/main body is painted steel with very high quality. It is constructed of double walled steel construction with insulation inside and remains cool/warm to the touch even after several hours of grilling at moderate temps. A very huge bonus for me is that after grilling, I can place the cover on the BBQ without fear of melting the material. So, no need to remember to cover before continuing on with your night of entertainment. closing down the grill consists of closing top and bottom air dampers and placing cover on the grill. The Ash Drawer is an added bonus for emptying the grill after several uses... simply pull out the drawer and deposit ashes in compost bin or wherever desired. My first cooking experience started in the dark with the charcoal started in a Chimney and added to the Keg along with some water soaked wood chips. I placed pork ribs on the main grill and attempted to learn how to control the heat with my new unit. Heat control was easy I thought as I kept a close eye on the thermometer and made slight adjustments to the upper and lower dampers to obtain optimal temperatures. First time out, I had no problem maintaining 275-300 cooking temperatures. In approx. 3 hours, I removed the ribs and we enjoyed the BEST TASTING ribs I have cooked in 15 years of smoking ribs on far less superior grills. (BTW... in the past, I have had compliments on my ribs... I can't wait to treat these same people to even better tasting...mmmm). My second cooking experience involved smoking trout fillets and some beef rib strips... MMM... MMM...mmmmmmmm! No disappointment here. My third cooking (tonight)... upon starting grill I found I still had enough charcoal and wood chips left from my first cook to smoke more ribs. = very economical in fuel compared to my last BBQ grill that was "high end" but of a lot less quality than the Keg 5000 I have owned this grill less than a week ... so far this has been an excellent purchase that I wished I had made a few years ago. I will update my review to either confirm my satisfaction or inform on any issues. Although, I really am not expecting any serious issues worth writing about... smiles. Warranty Registration On-line did not go well as the website apparently thought I had purchased a gas grill... notta! I called customer support and had to wait approx. 10 minutes for a customer service agent to register my grill via telephone. small inconvenience as I am used to on-line service vs. waiting on the telephone for help. however, once my call was answered, service was excellent. For those that are wondering what Kamado grill to purchase... I highly recommend the Broil King Keg 5000!
Incredibly Awesome!I bought my grill before it became the Broil King Keg and it has been great for many years of varied use. I've slow smoked full pork legs for 28-29 hours, seared steaks at over 900F and everything in between. This 'Q' can do it all. Temperature control is straight forward after a couple of runs to get the hang of it and it will go a long time without the need to add charcoal (I didn't add any after a large load to start before cooking over 24 hours, didn't need to open the Keg to add more). The insulation in the body is incredible, it is extremely efficient and doesn't lose much heat through the body at all. I've taken it to the cottage & grilled with it on the bow of a patio boat at a water access only beach. Dropped it on the hitch mount to cook up incredible camping meals. Even walked it down the road to join another Broil King grill in cooking up a storm. The portability and versatility is unmatched! If you're on the fence, jump on over, this thing is amazing!
Question & Answer
No Questions Asked Yet.
Have a question about the Broil King Keg 5000 Steel Charcoal Kamado Grill - Gray? Be the first to ask!
Want to ask a question about this product?