Celebrate game day with a classic regional staple from Brad Prose by piling brisket onto these KC Burnt End Sandwiches. Slow smoked brisket forms a dark, crusty bark before being slowly braised and glazed with delicious red barbecue sauce. Each gem is tasty on it’s own, but piled high on a toasted bun is the best way to transport them to your mouth!
Ingredients for Brisket
- 4-5 pound brisket point
- ½ cup BBQGuys x Spiceology Kansas Rub
- ¼ cup beef broth or stock
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Potato buns for serving
- Mayo or butter for toasting
Items You'll Need
- Trim the brisket point of any loose fat or silverskin. Season all sides generously with the BBQGuys x Spiceology Kansas Rub. Allow the brisket to rest at room temperature and heat up your smoker to 250°F.
- Place the brisket in the smoker and allow it to cook undisturbed for about 3 hours. Check on it to make sure it has a great color, the bark should be darker and firm.
- Once the temperature is around 165°F, remove it and place it on a sheet of heavy duty foil. Pour on the beef broth and wrap it up tight. Return to the smoker and turn up the heat to 300°F. Use your temperature probe to monitor the brisket.
- After about 90 minutes, the brisket will reach about 195-200°F. Check the thickest parts to make sure it’s very tender.
- Remove the brisket and slice into cubes. Add the cubes to a sheet pan or foil pan, and pour in the beef juices that were left over. Add in the barbecue sauce and mix everything gently until the brisket is coated. Set the pan back in the smoker for about 25-35 minutes until the sauce is tacky on the outside.
- Toast the buns and pile on the brisket burnt ends. They are traditionally served with pickles or onions on the side.
How to Get Your Free 3D Design
Buy Now, Pay Over Time with Financing as low as 0% APR Available*
Apply for your rate in seconds without impacting your credit score. Our goal is to help you pay for your purchases in a way that matches your budget. To learn more about our financing options, visit our financing page.
- Get My Rate
*Rates from 0-30% APR. For example, a $800 purchase might cost $73/mo over 12 months at 15% APR. Payment options through Affirm are subject to an eligibility check, may not be available in all states, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. Options depend on your purchase amount, and a down payment may be required. CA residents: Loans by Affirm Loan Services, LLC are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law license.
Check out some of our top designs below created for real BBQGuys customers by our expert outdoor kitchen designers. Whether you have a small space, or room for the ultimate outdoor kitchen, our design experts can help turn your dream into a reality.