Hopefully this review will provide you with helpful information along with our expert opinion on American Outdoor Grills. From the history of AOG to the overall cooking performance, hopefully this grill review will help you decide if AOG is the right brand for you.
The History of the American Outdoor GrillThe R.H. Peterson Company has been in the business of manufacturing barbecue grills for over half a century and is commonly known for their high-end line of Fire Magic Grills. The company has gained a reputation over the years for manufacturing high performance, quality grills. In 2003, they set out to design an affordable high-end grill that was top quality and made in the USA, yet still fall in a price point between the barbecue grills purchase at big box stores and the ultra-premium Fire Magic Grills. On March 8, 2004, the newly American Outdoor Grill (AOG) was born.
Basic FeaturesThe AOG arrives fully assembled and is available in a variety of sizes to fit each individual need. The sizes currently available are 24, 30, and 36 inches wide and have a primary cooking space measuring 432, 540, and 648 square inches. Like the Fire Magic, the AOG features a 304 stainless steel construction, high quality stainless steel welded cooking grids and stainless steel "U" shaped burners. The AOG also comes equipped with an electronic ignition for easy start up, double layer hood with center mounted thermometer, solid brass valves combined with temperature controlled knobs, vaporizer panels (also called flame tamers) for even heat distribution, and a funneled grease management system with a slide out drip tray for easy clean up. Below is a list of all standard and optional features:
- Made In America!!!
- Custom Designed Analog Thermometer
- Corrosion Resistant Stainless Steel Cooking Grids
- Heavy Duty Commercial Grade Stainless Steel Construction
- Advanced High Quality Stainless Steel Burners
- Stainless Steel Vaporizer Panels for Even Heat Distribution
- Accommodates Charcoal or Wood Chips with Ease
- Electronic Push Button Ignition for Easy Start Up
- Convenient Cushion Lid Bumpers
- Solid Brass Valves for Precise Temperature Control and Long Life
- Flush Mounted Brass Side Burner on Portable Grills-12,000 BTU's
- 10,000 BTU Rear Mounted Infrared Rotisserie Back Burner and High Performance Rotisserie Kit
We think the AOG grill cooks exceptionally well in comparison to other grills much like itself. By having quality burners, the heat is
distributed leaving less hot or cold
spots and the vaporizer panels helps to add a pleasant charbroiled flavor, with less uncontrollable flare-ups. Also,
the side burner is a
great additional feature and produces enough heat to cook any side dish.
Want an experts opinion? Check out Chef Tony's AOG Gas Grill Review.
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.