What is an Electric Fireplace Entertainment Center?An electric fireplace entertainment center is an electric fireplace built into an entertainment center. It provides an are for you to place your TV as well as storage space for gaming consoles, movies, video games, and books. They often have built-in heaters to heat up your space and many of them have heaters that work independently from the flames so you can use your fireplace all year round. They’re both beautiful and functional, perfect for a living room or family room.
Choose a Style
Contemporary electric fireplace entertainment centers are perfect for homes with more modern décor. They usually come in very sleek designs in contemporary colors such as black and white. Many of these fireplaces come with glass or crystal embers (also known as filler) to complement the design.
Traditional electric fireplace entertainment centers are great for those who want the look of a classic mantle but with added storage and functionality. They typically come in rich wood finishes to complement other furniture in the room.
Choose a Placement Option
Depending on the space available for your electric fireplace entertainment center, you have choices on the placement options so your fireplace can conform to your area.
Measure Your Space
Before you choose the electric fireplace entertainment center you want to purchase, you’ll need to take a couple measurements. First, you’ll want to measure the space where you want to place your new fireplace to see how big of a fireplace you can fit there. You will also want to measure your TV to see if it will fit on top of the entertainment center.
You will also want to keep in mind the number of movies, books, games you will want to store in the entertainment center. All electric fireplace entertainment center have different amounts of storage (such as shelves or drawers) so you’ll want to make sure it has enough storage for your needs.
Electric Fireplace Filler Types
To add depth and realism to the fire, fillers such as glass embers and logs are added to electric fireplaces. These media pieces are placed behind the screen of the electric fireplace. Since they do not have to be placed in any particular configuration, the look of your electric fireplace is completely customizable.
Glass Electric Fireplace Filler
Electric Fireplace Logs
Some electric fireplaces have extra features that make them stand out from the competition. Here are a few of our favorites!
Changing Flame Colors
- Change the color of the flame with the touch of a button.
- Colors can include blue, orange, yellow, purple, and multi-colored.
- Allows customization during each use.
- Found in Napoleon electric fireplace entertainment centers.
- Dimplex’s Opti-Myst technology.
- Fine water mist that reflects light results in a realistic 3D flame and smoke effect.
- Produced by an easy-to-fill water tank that allows for 12-14 hours of operation.
Cool to the Touch Glass
- Glass remains cool to the touch whether the heat is on or off.
- Safe for children, pets, and the whole family.
- Found in ClassicFlame electric fireplace entertainment centers.
- With a wave of the hand, turn the fireplace on and off.
- Found in entertainment centers with Dimplex’s Multi-Fire XD technology, which simulates wood-burning and gas fires.
If you need help deciding, call one of our electric fireplace experts at 1-877-743-2269!