- Only a standard 120V outlet is needed to operate an electric fireplace.
- No venting or gas lines are required.
- No harmful emissions are produced as they only run on electricity.
- Wall: the most common location is flat against the wall, usually across from the seating area or bed.
- Corner: some entertainment centers have a pointed edge on the back that will allow it to fit in the corner of a room.
- Since entertainment centers will take up floor space, you will most likely be using one in a living room or bedroom.
- If space allows, kitchens, offices, and even bathrooms can be a suitable location.
- If floor space is a concern, you may want to check out our wall mount electric fireplaces or built-in electric fireplaces.
How Much Space Does an Electric Fireplace Heat?
- Most electric fireplaces heat up to 400 sq. ft.
- Some will heat up to 1,000 sq. ft.
- The area will be heated efficiently; based on national averages, running an electric fireplace with heat will cost about 8 cents/hour (without heat is about 3 cents/hour).
Measure Your Space for Fit
- Measure the width of the desired location in your room.
- Measure the TV you intend to place on the entertainment center.
- Use these measurements to choose the right fit for your room.
- Also take into account the amount of books, movies, etc. that you will want to store in your entertainment center when choosing.
Electric Fireplace Entertainment Center Styles
- Complements a modern décor.
- Typically features glass or crystal embers in the fireplace.
- White or neutral finishes create a sleek and elegant ambiance.
- Complements a vintage and rustic décor.
- Typically features logs to resemble a wood burning fireplace.
- Rich wood finishes such as oak, walnut, and mahogany give a classic feel to their design.
Electric Fireplace Filler Types
To add depth and realism to the fire, fillers such as glass embers and logs are added to electric fireplaces. These media pieces are placed behind the screen of the electric fireplace. Since they do not have to be placed in any particular configuration, the look of your electric fireplace is completely customizable.
- Flames reflect off the glass embers for a contemporary design.
- Gives depth and texture to the flames.
- Gives appearance of a wood burning fireplace.
- Can be extremely realistic.
Some electric fireplaces have extra features that make them stand out from the competition. Here are a few of our favorites!
Changing Flame Colors
- Change the color of the flame with the touch of a button.
- Colors can include blue, orange, yellow, purple, and multi-colored.
- Allows customization during each use.
- Found in Napoleon electric fireplace entertainment centers.
- Dimplex’s Opti-Myst technology.
- Fine water mist that reflects light results in a realistic 3D flame and smoke effect.
- Produced by an easy-to-fill water tank that allows for 12-14 hours of operation.
Cool to the Touch Glass
- Glass remains cool to the touch whether the heat is on or off.
- Safe for children, pets, and the whole family.
- Found in ClassicFlame electric fireplace entertainment centers.
- With a wave of the hand, turn the fireplace on and off.
- Found in entertainment centers with Dimplex’s Multi-Fire XD technology, which simulates wood-burning and gas fires.
If you need help deciding, call one of our electric fireplace experts at 1-877-743-2269!
Shop for Electric Fireplace Entertainment Centers.