Whole Ribeye Roast Rotisserie Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Learn how to prepare a delicious ribeye roast using the rotisserie on a gas grill. The greek seasoning blend enhances the flavor of the meat and the vegetables bring it all together for a delicious meal for any occasion.
PREP 15 mins COOK 1 hour 20 mins READY IN 1 hour 35 mins
- 10-14 lbs. Whole ribeye roast
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup greek seasoning blend
- 3-4 cups red wine
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 yellow onions, roughly chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 pints sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3-5 lbs. fingerling potatoes
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- Greek seasoning blend (makes about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 T black pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic powder
- 3/4 cup oregano
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup onion powder
- 1/4 cup thyme
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/2 cup marjoram
- 1/2 cup rosemary
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 T ground cardamom (measure before grinding)
- 2 T ground fennel (measure before grinding)
- 1/2 corn starch
- Place roast in pan, fat side down and rub the top side liberally with extra virgin olive oil.
- Coat the entire roast, including the fat side, with the seasoning blend and rub it in well.
- Set your drip pan up in your grill and add some red wine, beef stock/broth, roughly chopped yellow onion, sliced baby bella mushrooms, and roughly chopped yellow and red bell peppers into your pan.
- Put your roast on your rotisserie. Light your rear infrared burner and set to high while leaving your bottom burners off. Turn your rotisserie on and close the grill lid.
- After the roast has been cooking for about 30 minutes, add your fingerling potatoes, stir them around, and baste your roast.
- 30 minutes later stir your potatoes again, re-baste your roast, and turn your infrared burner to low.
- 20 minutes later (total time on the grill being 1:20), turn the rear burner and rotisserie off and check the internal temperature. (needs to be about 120°F and if you like it rare, pull it when the internal temperature is about 110°F)
- While the roast rests, finish up the vegetables and pan gravy by adding some parsley and set the burner under the pan to low.
- Begin adding in a burmanie (1 part flour, 2 parts butter) to thicken to preference
- Slice your roast, serve, and enjoy!
Items We Used To Cook Whole Ribeye Roast
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Shop All Departments
BBQ Grills & Smokers
- BBQ Grills & Smokers
- Outdoor Kitchens
- BBQ Accessories
- Outdoor Kitchen Planning
- Gas Grill Reviews