This recipe incorporates something I had often overlooked, the wonderfully nutrient dense Acorn squash. That is until a neighbor, who was also a gardener, had more on hand than he knew what to do with. Setting out to help my friend with his problem, I discovered that I really enjoyed something that I had previously rarely ever eaten. I am providing this recipe for everyone to enjoy the often overlooked, healthy, versatile, simple, and delicious Acorn squash.
P.S. Slice or dice as a side, or stuff to use as an entree, ENJOY!
- 2 Acorn Squash (Halved and Seeded)
- 1/4 Cup Jack Daniels™
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Minced Jalapenos
- 4 Tbsp Diced Butter
- Saute jalapenos for 30-60 seconds.
- De-glaze with Jack Daniels™, followed by honey; whisking all together.
- Whisk in butter until glaze thickens.
- Divide glaze in the four squash hollows and brush the tops with glaze.
- Place in Primo (set up for convection baking) at 400F and bake for 45-60 minutes. Brushing glaze to the tops every 10-15 minutes.
- Remove squash from grill and enjoy!