Ribeye Steak Lasagna Recipe with Fire Roasted Vegetables
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
How do you improve on a family favorite recipe like lasagna? We start by grilling up some fresh vegetables & juicy ribeye steak and then layering it between stacks of noodles, cheese and homemade pasta sauce.
SERVES 6 - 8 PREP 30 min COOK 35 min READY IN 1 hour 5 min
- 1 each ribeye steak
- 1 each eggplant
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1 each orange bell pepper
- 6 each portobello mushrooms
- 1 each purple onion
- 4 each carrots
- 2 each zucchini
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic paste
- 1.5 lbs fresh diced mozzarella
- 2 cups fresh grated Parmesan
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 7 cups marinara sauce
- 25-30 each no-boil lasagna noodles
- Optional: You can use store-bought alfredo sauce, but here is a homemade sauce recipe.
- Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: You can use store-bought marinara sauce, but here is a homemade recipe.
- Marinara Sauce:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 each yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 each red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 each celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 each carrots, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 oz red wine
- 4 cans crush tomatoes (28 oz. cans)
- 3 Tbsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp dried rosemary (not powder)
- 2.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried crushed marjoram
- Melt together oil, butter and garlic paste to infuse the garlic flavor into the oil. Brush over sliced veggies and fire roast the veggies until charred.
- Olive oil and season ribeye steak with salt and pepper, and sear over direct high heat for about 2 minutes per side.
- Slice vegetables length wise in small strips. Slice steak across the grain into thin slices.
- Add sliced vegetables and steak into a large pan and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups alfredo sauce with one teaspoon of corn starch in a mixing bowl. Add in 6 cups of marinara and mix well.
- In the pan of vegetables and steak, add in a little bit of grated parmesean, diced mozzarella and a thin layer of the sauce mixture.
- Mix together everything in the pan well.
- Butter a casserole dish, and begin assembling lasagna in the pan, starting with a layer of sauce.
- Layer on lasagna noodles, followed by steak and vegetable mixture, some parmesan and mozzarella, and a layer of sauce.
- Layer more lasagna noodles and follow the same layering order until you reach the top of the casserole dish.
- For the final layer, top the noodles with sauce and a layer of mozzarella and parmesean.
- Cover lasagna with foil and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and finish baking uncovered for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
- Allow lasagna to set up for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Plate, top with chopped Basil, and enjoy!
- In a sauce pan set over low to medium-low heat, begin melting diced butter with the heavy cream, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Allow the mixture to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, reducing the heavy cream.
- Once the cream is reduced, add the basil and nutmeg, cooking for another minute or so.
- Now, turn the burner to low and begin stirring in the parmesan cheese until it is all just melted and incorporated.
- Remove from the fire, and the sauce is ready to be incorporated into your recipe!
- Saute the first six ingredients in a large sauce pan set over a medium to medium-high burner (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Add in tomato paste and brown sugar, lower the fire to medium-low. Stir well.
- Deglaze pan with red wine, and add in crushed tomatoes.
- Allow the sauce to come up to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add in dry spices, stir and cover for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, taste sauce and adjust to taste. Tomatoes range in flavor, so adjusting seasoning at this point is important.
- Simmer sauce for 15 minutes, remove from fire and add to recipe!
Shop All Departments
BBQ Grills & Smokers
Patio Furniture & Heating
BBQ Accessories & Parts
Indoor Fireplaces & Cooling
Home Appliances & Cookware
- BBQ Grills & Smokers
- Outdoor Kitchens
- BBQ Accessories
- Outdoor Kitchen Planning
- Gas Grill Reviews