Pepperoni 4 Cheese Pizza
Learn how to make delicious homemade pepperoni four cheese pizza, complete with a homemade sauce! We also show you how to make your very own homemade pizza dough. This recipe makes two 12" pizzas.
SERVES 4-6 PREP 1 hour COOK 30 min READY IN 1.5 hours
- 1/2 cup mineral water
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- Cheese Blend Topping:
- 3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded greuyere cheese
- 1/4 each yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic paste
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp lite brown sugar
- 1 can of tomato puree (28 oz can)
- 1 package of pepperoni
- honey (optional)
- Begin the sauce by heating a pot over medium heat.
- Coat the pot in olive oil and saute chopped onions until caramelized.
- Stir in garlic paste, and follow that by stirring in tomato puree.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in dry thyme, white pepper, and brown sugar. Simmer together for a couple minutes.
- Add in chopped parsley, basil, and oregano.
- Blend the sauce so that it is a smooth consistency and set aside while preparing the dough.
- For the dough, whisk mineral water and yeast together in a mixing bowl, and follow that by mixing in the honey and olive oil.
- Allow yeast mixture to rest for 10 minutes so that the yeast activates.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend flour and salt together, and form a well in the center of the mixture.
- After yeast mixture has rested 10 minutes, pour into the well in the center of the flour mixture. Gradually spin in the flour mixture so that it combines with the yeast mixture to form dough.
- If the mixture is too dry, add a splash of mineral water so that it forms a dough consistency.
- Spread some flour on your work surface, and begin to knead the dough for 8-10 minutes, or until it becomes elastic.
- Once kneaded, coat with olive oil and place in a bowl to rest. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and allow the dough to double in size, this should take about 30 minutes.
- Once risen, place the dough ball on your floured work surface and cut it into two smaller dough balls.
- Press each dough ball out into a pizza crust by working it from the center, outwards.
- Place the crust over a sprinkled layer of corn meal so that it does not stick while you top the pizza.
- Spread an even layer of pizza sauce over the crust with a spoon.
- Mix up all of the grated cheeses in a bowl, and coat the pizza with cheese.
- Add the pepperoni on top of the cheese..
- Sprinkle corn meal on your pizza peel, and carefully slide the pizza on the peel.
- Place pizza in an oven preheated to 550° F, and cook until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
- For a hint of sweet, drizzle a little honey on top, right after it comes off the grill.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Items Used In This Recipe