Pecan Smoked Herb Potatoes
BBQ expert Randy shows you how to make this delciious side perfect with any meal.Shop Weber Summit Charcoal Grill
PREP 15 minutes COOK 45 minutes SERVES 10 as a side
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, basil, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, and thyme
- ½ cup pecan wood chips, soaked
- natural lump charcoal
- 3 lbs red potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Light your coals so they will be hot when you are done prepping.
- Combine potatoes and chopped herbs in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, bacon fat, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Using perforated grilling pan, grill over medium hot coals for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turn and shake occasionally.