Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce
Learn how to make the perfect homemade Peach-Mustard BBQ Sauce!
PREP 15 min COOK 45 mins READY IN 1 hour
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 small onion (about 2/3 cup), finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup peeled and rough chopped fresh peaches
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup tomato paste (2 (6-ounce) cans)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and add the onion, cooking until translucent.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add to sauce pan and let simmer for about 45 min. The sauce needs to reduce quite a bit to be thickened.
- Once reduced, remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender.
- Coat your pulled pork with the sauce and enjoy!