Bourbon & Grand Marnier Glazed Chicken Recipe Cooked On A Kamado Grill
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Chef Tony shows us how to cook delicious chicken on a Grill Dome kamado grill, that is glazed with bourbon and Grand Marnier for a hint of sweet citrus.
PREP 15 mins COOK 45 mins READY IN 1 hour
- 12 each chicken legs or pieces
- Chicken Rub:
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup yellow onion, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 oz orange liqueur
- Blend rub ingredients; black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper; and rub generously under the skin of each chicken piece. Let chicken marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, while preparing your grill for medium high heat.
- Prepare sauce, by melting butter and cooking minced onions until translucent. Once translucent, blend in the ketchup, minced garlic, brown sugar, molasses, chili powder, salt, and black pepper. Simmer this mixture, to infuse for 10 – 15 minutes.
- After the sauce has infused, carefully add the bourbon and orange liqueur, stirring until just heated through. About 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove the sauce and place chicken on the grill. Grill for 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so. Baste all chicken well with the glaze and allow them to cook for another 5 – 10 minutes, reserving the rest of the glaze for the table.
- When the glaze has caramelized on the chicken, remove chicken, allow it to rest for 5 – 10 minutes, serve, and ENJOY!
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Shop All Departments
BBQ Grills & Smokers
Pizza Ovens & Accessories
Fryers, Burners & Cookware
- BBQ Grills & Smokers
- Outdoor Kitchens
- BBQ Accessories
- Shop By Brand
- Outdoor Kitchen Planning
- Gas Grill Reviews
- Sales & Offers