- 1 Loaf French Bread (Crusty/ Stale)
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup Half and Half
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Stick Melted Butter (Cooled)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Orange Peel (grated)
- 1 Tsp Tapioca Starch (or corn starch)
- 2 Tbsp Jack Daniels™
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Jack Daniels™
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- A Pinch Salt
- Slice French bread into 1-1 1/2" thick pieces.
- Melt butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Cream together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in a shallow wide container.
- Whisk in half and half, honey, vanilla extract, salt, and grated orange peel.
- Blend tapioca starch with two tablespoons of Jack Daniels™ and whisk into the egg mixture.
- Thoroughly dunk each slice of French bread into the custard mixture and place on a cooling rack allowing it to absorb.
- Grill on a griddle set to medium heat for two to three minutes per side (or until golden brown)
- Remove, top with syrup, and enjoy!
- Combine sugar and Jack Daniels™ in a sauce pot over medium heat and stir until reduced by half.
- Once reduced, add Maple syrup and a pinch of salt; stir to combine.
- Cover and remove syrup from heat until ready to serve and enjoy!