- 1 3/4 Cup Bread Flour (Divided)
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 1/2 Tsp Yeast (Active Dry)
- 1 Cup Water (Divided)
Jack Daniels™ Onion Marmalade:
- 3 Red Onions (Thinly Sliced)
- 1/2 Cup Jack Daniels™
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Whisk together yeast and half of water, set aside for 10 minutes and allow to become frothy.
- Whisk in remainder of water, oil, salt, and half of remaining flour.
- Slowly stir in the rest of the flour a little at a time, until it forms a rough ball
- Lift dough ball out of bowl, lightly oil bowl, return dough and lightly oil the top and cover with plastic wrap.
- Allow dough ball to double in size, turn out onto a well floured work surface and lighyly knead dough 6-8 times to form soft dough ball. Place in baking dish and pull edges out towards the sides of the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to double in a warm draft free place.
- Once doubled, remove plastic wrap, punch down dough with finger tips, sprinkle with salt and olive oil, re-wrap and allow to rise back to top (about 15-20 minutes)
- Un-wrap and bake at 350F for 18-25 minutes (until top is golden brown)
- Turn out of baking dish, top with onion marmalade or topping of choice and enjoy!
- Place all ingredients in a skillet and bring to a boil while stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until it reaches the consistency of a marmalade and enjoy!