Cinnamon-Citrus Cranberry Sauce
In this recipe video, you will learn how to make delicious Cinnamon-Citrus Cranberry Sauce. This easy, homemade cranberry sauce is perfect for your holiday meal. Nothing says Thanksgiving like cranberry sauce.
PREP 19 minutes COOK 15 minutes SERVES 10 as a side
- 12 oz fresh whole cranberries
- 1 navel orange (zested & juiced)
- 3 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 3 inch stick of cinnamon
- 1 3 inch stick of rosemary for garnish
- In a medium sauce pan, add in cranberries, brown sugar, & water and bring to a boil over low to medium heat. Meanwhile, zest the whole orange and mince the ginger.
- Once boiling, add cinnamon stick, ginger, juice of the orange (about ¼ cup), bourbon, and most of the zest, setting some zest aside for garnish. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove from heat and stir some more, trying to crush up half of the berries. Remove the cinnamon stick and pour the cranberry sauce into a container and chill in the fridge. The chilling process will help the sauce to thicken.
- When ready to serve, garnish with the rest of the zest and the sprig of Rosemary and Enjoy!
Cinnamon-Citrus Cranberry Sauce Recipe