Cheesecake, is definitely my dessert recipe go to and it always reminds me of the holidays. When I was in my early teens, I started baking cheesecakes to give as gifts for the holidays. By the time I was in my early twenties, the gift list had grown from 50 to 60 people (and I was using regular non-commercial oven!). After many revisions and lots of trial and error, I believe this recipe has achieved incredible taste and texture; while also being hard to mess up.
As life has increased my responsibilities over the years, I no longer have time to fill the, now 150 person holiday gift list. With that said, and after much consideration, I am passing this recipe on; hoping it will bring you as much joy as it has brought me.
- 24 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 2 Tbsp Jack Daniels™
- 20 Ounces Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Jack Daniels™
- 2 Tbsp Tapioca Starch
- 1/2 Cup Diced or Divided Unsalted Butter (Room Temp)
- 1/2 Cup Jack Daniels™
- 1/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp Sugar Grnulated
- 1 Stick Melted Butter (Cooled)
- Blend all ingredients in a mixing bowl; spread evely over pan or skillet and lightly pack with the back of your fingers.
- Make Sure all ingredients are at room temperature.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugar, slowly add in the tapioca, Jack Daniels™, and Vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the eggs and egg yolks and blen just until incorporated.
- Pour mixture evenly over graham crust.
- Bake at (325-350F) for 20-30 minutes. Just until set and jiggles slightly like jello.
- Remove and allow to cool until skin forms on top.
- In mixing bowl, combine sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, tapioca starch, and Jack Daniels; mix until sugar dissolves.
- Pour evenly over the bottom layer of cheesecake and bake at (425-450F) for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for 2-4 hours; until set and cool.
- Slice, top with sauce and enjoy!
- Combine Jack Daniels™ and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in half of your butter, remove from heat and stir in the second half of butter, one cube at a time.
- Cool slightly and serve over cheesecake.