Char-Grilled Bloody Mary Recipe
Chef Tony shows how to make a delicious char-grilled Bloody Mary, complete with a Bloody Mary marinade on the beef tenderloin kabobs. The char-grilled flavor in this Bloody Mary is amazing.
PREP 1 hour COOK 5 min READY IN 1 hour 5 mins
- 3/4 lb. thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
- 1/2 lb. beef tenderloin, cubed
- 3 bell peppers, sliced (preferably multi-color)
- Pickled okra, one for each skewer
- Skewers, for grilling
- Kabob marinade:
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup Bloody Mary mix
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- Drink Recipe:
- 5 1/2 cups Bloody Mary mix
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T olive juice
- 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp creole mustard
- A few drops of Frank's hot sauce
- 1 1/4 cup vodka
- For the glasses:
- 1/2 cup coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 chili powder
- A few slices of lemon
- A few olives
- 1 lime
- Begin by lightly charring the bacon to render any excess fat. You can do this by baking in the oven for about 10-15 or outside on the grill. Use some paper towels to blot off any excess grease and slice into pieces about 1 1/2 inch wide.
- Put your skewers together by alternating between bacon, beef tenderloin & slices of bell peppers. Top each skewer with a pickled okra.
- Prepare the kabob marinade by mixing the vodka, Bloody Mary mix & Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and pour over the kabobs, and allow them to marinade at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- While the kabobs are marinading, preheat your grill for direct, medium-high heat. Then, prepare the drink recipe by blending the Bloody Mary mix, Worcestershire sauce, olive juice, lemon juice, creole mustard, hot sauce & vodka. Set this aside for now.
- Next, we'll prepare the seasoned salt for rimming the glasses. Blend the coarse salt, cayenne pepper & chili powder together well. Rim each glass with a cut lime and spin it around in the salt.
- Now it's time to grill the skewers. Place each skewer on the grill and cook for about a minute and a half per side. Then, remove the skewers and place in your glasses. Garnish each glass with a slice of lemon, and place one in the bottom of each glass if you like.
- Fill each glass with ice, and top off with your Bloody Mary drink.
- Serve and enjoy!
Items We Used To Make Char-Grilled Bloody Mary's