Bananas Foster Served Over Pound Cake Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
When you need a delicious desert in a hurry, turn to this simplified version of bananas foster that will be ready to serve in less than fifteen minutes. This quick recipe was featured in the "Last Minute Get Together" episode of Entertaining with Chef Tony.
PREP 5 mins COOK 10 mins READY IN 15 mins
- 1 Each Pound Cake
- 4 Each Fresh Bananas
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat your oven to 450°F and slice your pound cake in one inch increments. Place the slices in the oven.
- Begin making the sauce by cooking down 1/2 stick of butter and your brown sugar. After the sugar cooks down, add in your heavy cream and whisk together.
- Once blended, fold in your sliced bananas and brandy.
- OPTIONAL: Pour in a shot of 151 and ignite. Allow to burn out.
- Mount sauce with the other half of your stick of butter and whisk to combine.
- Remove bread from oven and top each slice with a generous scoop of sauce and bananas. Serve, and enjoy!
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Shop All Departments
BBQ Grills & Smokers
Pizza Ovens & Accessories
Fryers, Burners & Cookware
- BBQ Grills & Smokers
- Outdoor Kitchens
- BBQ Accessories
- Shop By Brand
- Outdoor Kitchen Planning
- Gas Grill Reviews
- Sales & Offers