Looking For a Gas Grill?
We know the process of shopping for a gas BBQ grill can be confusing and overwhelming. We're here to help you make the right decision when purchasing a gas grill. Here's a few tips to help get you started:
- A grill’s value should not solely be based on price. Value is a combination of features, design functionality, engineering, quality of materials, and lastly by price.
- When evaluating style, look for a well thought out design, shape, appeal. Consider the welding style, lighting, and control knob placement.
- The construction of a grill is one of the most important aspects of a grill. Quality grills are made of stainless, but not all stainless is created equal. 304 grade stainless is the most durable and best quality stainless available. Double-lined grill hoods are also a good indicator of a quality grill.
- BTU is often one of the most misunderstood concepts on gas grills.The all mighty "cooking performance" does not purely depend on the number of burners or output of BTU's, but can best be described by how well heat is evenly distributed across the entire grilling surface.
- Don't forget to consider warranty and customer service. For this, look for brands with a burner warranty around 10 years, and brands with lifetime warranties. Some brands may even cover the labor for replacement.
Still need help finding the perfect grill? Let Chef Tony help by showing you What Gas Grill is Best For You?