The Skinny on Electric Smokers
- Outdoor electric smokers are extremely efficient cookers and super easy to operate. They take the guesswork out of smoking meats, and they are literally as simple to use as an indoor oven. (Set it and forget it!)
- There are a whole lot of wood chip flavors available. The most common woods are pecan, hickory, and mesquite. If you're more the adventurous type, try something like apple, cherry or alder. For more unique flavor, try experimenting with a combination of wood types.
- Electric smokers can handle pork ribs, pulled pork and brisket with ease but they really excel with foods you may not have thought about smoking. Fish, peppers, nuts and cheese are delicious when they are smoked. No need to buy expensive smoked cheese, fish, or jerky, you can do it at home!
- Just about any type of charcoal grill can be used as a smoker, but veritcal smokers are ideal because they can smoke pounds of meat at a time. Plus, you don't have to be a BBQ Master to turn out a great piece of smoked meat.
- Some smokers have electronic controls which maintain precise temperatures with meat probes so you'll always know the internal temperature of your meat.
- Clean up couldn't be easier. The grill racks are dishwasher-safe, and most of the drippings are contained in a drip pan.
Thank You!Welcome to the ShoppersChoice.com Family!You are now subscribed to receive our newsletters and special offers straight to your inbox at the email address you provided, . You will receive an email with instructions to edit and update your subscription preferences.